Sunday, April 10, 2016

Behind the Scenes

Here is a bit of behind the scenes photos from the filming of "A Delicate Thought."
  This photo is of the blood that we used during the shoot. I didn't really have the traditional materials on hand to make a solid version of fake blood. So instead I used a mixture of ketchup and syrup to compensate. The ketchup had the red hue and splatter that I was looking for in the murder scene. The syrup added some texture and prevented the ketchup from spreading too much to the point where it was too obvious that it wasn't blood. A layer of plastic rap was layed below the concoction while 4 layers were laid on top. This was due to my innate desire to have a clean floor and making sure that my actor didn't get a stain from the weird smelling "blood."


  In terms of editing I used Adobe Premier CC in order to place the shots in sequence, add titles, place music, and record my voice over. The software, while jarring on the surface, was relatively easy to use as I was able to learn the necessary components of the software by browsing YouTube for tutorial videos such as this. I would highly recommend this tool to anyone looking for a relatively easy way to attain a professional looking video. Just be careful about exporting as the quality can be changed by a small set of options that I didn't see when I posted my portfolio project. The software costs 20 dollars in a monthly subscription, however there is a 30-day free trial that will definitely suffice in terms of using the software for the purposes of finishing the editing of a film opening.

Source:

Learn Premiere Pro In 20 Minutes! - Tutorial for Beginners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hls3Tp7JS8E&nohtml5=False

No comments:

Post a Comment